- Who must register?
- If your firm is submitting a Phase I or Phase II SBIR or STTR proposal to the Department of Defense (DoD), your firm must register on this web site and provide the requested information about your firms location, size, growth and revenue.
- How does a firm register?
- On the Welcome screen, enter your firm name or at least the first few letters and press Find Firm. All registered firms matching the letters you entered will be displayed. Since you are not currently registered, your firm will not be listed (check to make sure your firm is not in the list); so you need to press Register to begin the registration process. (If your firm has already been registered, highlight the firm name in the list and press Continue. You will be asked for your firm's password. If you don't know it, leave it blank and press the Login button. The person in your firm that you need to contact for the password will be provided for you.)
To register, you will first be asked for general information regarding your company and asked to provide a Point of Contact (POC) at your firm -- someone who will be responsible for updating your data on this site. You will also be asked to create a password to access your firm's information in the future. Then verify the password by typing it in again in the Verify Password field.
Firm POC: The firm point of contact is very important because when others in your firm try to access this web site in the future without the correct Firm Name and Password, they will be directed to contact the person you have indicated as the POC.
Password: It is very important to pick a good password. Don't use your firm name, POC name or something else easily guessed. This is the only protection your firm has from others accessing your data. Passwords may be up to 18 characters long. Letters, symbols, and numbers are valid. It is required that your password be at least 10 characters long and contain both upper and lower case letters, contain at least one number and contain at least one special character (such as $, ?, !).
- What information is required to register?
- To register, you will be asked to supply some basic firm contact information (address, phone number, etc.), the year the company was founded, the number of Phase I and Phase II awards, the year of the first Phase II awards, whether the firm has had an Initial Public Offering (IPO) as the result of SBIR/STTR projects, number of patents related to SBIR/STTR, the size of the firm, last year's total revenue, and the percentage of revenue from SBIR/STTR awards.
- What if our company does not yet have a Federal Tax ID?
- If your firm is not incorporated yet, you may use your Social Security Number. However, update your firm data with your Federal Tax ID when you receive one.
- What if our company does not have a DUNS/CAGE Code/SIC/NAICs numbers?
- The DUNS and CAGE Code are required prior to award, not prior to proposal. The SIC and NAIC codes are optional. If you need help in obtaining information about DUNS/CAGE Code/SIC or NAICS, click on the individual link (https://www.sam.gov) and you will be connected to the site.
- What if our company's point of contact doesn't have a fax number/e-mail address
- Fax number is an optional field. If you don't have an e-mail address at the time you register, enter email@example.com; however, it is strongly recommended that you update this field once you obtain an e-mail address to receive special announcements.
NOTE: Please feel free to join the List Serv located at www.dodsbir.net to be added to our mailing lists for other SBIR related notices.
- What do I do if I forget my password?
- On the Login Screen there is a link to click on if you forgot your password. It will automatically email the firm's point of contact the password. If you are not the point of contact listed on the firm information screen, please contact that person for you firm's password.
- How do I change my firm name or password?
- There are two ways in which you will be able to change your firms’ password. First, on the Login Screen, there will be a link to take you to the change password page where you will be asked to enter your current password, and then your new password, and finally your new password again to verify the spelling. If your password is correct, it will automatically be changed in the system and you will be logged in. The second way is to request a firm name or password change by clicking on the link next to your firm name on the Firm Information screen. Complete the on-line request form and submit it. You will be contacted by the database administrator to confirm your request before the change is made to the database.